Friday, May 13, 2011

Winding Down and Heading Out

This year has flown by so fast sometimes I wonder how we got to this point. Maybe it's because I really enjoyed my classes this year. The students were just super. I felt bad one day when the class was talking about graduation. The seniors had questions about what graduation was like, what they had to do etc. Then someone asked me if I would cry at graduation. I was honest and said that while I woukd be sad to see them go, I might do a little dance, get down tonight (laughing??), etc., but that I wouldn't cry. One of the Juniors in the class said that the teachers would probably give her class a standing ovation because they would be so glad to see them leave. She said that most teachers hated her class. THAT made me sad. While I have mostly Seniors, the Juniors I have had, I really liked so I am not sure why she said that. Hopefully, by next year our attitude toward this Junior class will change and I guess I will find out just how bad they are or not.
Again, while I said the year has flown by, I am also in a way glad to see it over. Too many things to accomplish over the summer, like, major surgery and rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment