Thursday, March 17, 2011

FRUSTRATION--FRUSTRATION

Have you ever taught a lesson and felt like you must be speaking a foreign language. For two days, I have spent time with my econ class trying to teach them how to figure the interest on a credit card purchase only to keep hitting a brick wall. One would think they never learned how to do percentages. There was even a Sophomore taking the class that got it and tried to teach the Seniors only to be met with blank stares. I have gone over ever method I could think of and have not even made a dent . I need help. I am not a math genius but even I understood myself and that's scary when it comes to math. I only hope that when they go home tonight the light bulb will click and they will be able to finish the assignment.
I will be glad when this phase of the class is over and we can move on to other things.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are still blogging but saddened to read this one.

    ReplyDelete